Tuesday, March 2, 2010

2010 Week One - A Short Rant

NO time for a blog just yet, but sit tight, I'll get to it at the Storm are set to kickoff their 2010 season this weekend.

I wanted to quickly rant, however about a fairly significant failure in week 1.

On Friday the IFL announced a partnership with Pointstreak for real time stats. This sounded great to me. I've used Pointstreak to follow the USHL (Tier 1 Junior Hockey) for a few years now. What the IFL had to offer this weekend however, did not meet my simple expectations.

1. A Box Score. An print industry standard, points by quarters, and scoring plays, individual game stats.. should not be that complicated to have one of these for a game review.

2. Individual game stats. As I'm looking at this thing not not only are the stats for the entire league, they're cumulative.

3. "LIVE"... yeah right - Half the games were not updated during the game, and as of this writing Alaska and Fairbanks game hasn't been touched.

I'd like to thank twitter for bringing us game updates ... freaking unacceptable for a "premiere" league.

No comments:

Post a Comment